University of St. Francis
University of St. Francis was founded in 1920 by the Congregation of the Third Order of St. Francis of Mary Immaculate. It began for the education of its own members. In 1925, the name of the school changed to Assisi Junior College. In that year, it also began accepting women outside the congregation. By fall of 1930 the school was renamed College of St. Francis. In 1971, the college became co-educational. In 1998, the school moved to university status and the institution became the University of St. Francis.
- Founding Date: 1920
- Number of students: 3,321
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic Church (Franciscan Order)
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12:1
- Number of faculty: 98
- Degrees: Graduate, Undergraduate