This Olde Housewalk, back Sunday after a one-year hiatus, will not only feature more buildings than it has in the recent past but will include a presentation by WTTW (Channel 11) show host Geoffrey Baer.
The walk is a fundraiser for 's Cathedral Area Preservation Association, which has dovetailed its event with the Baer appearance, sponsored by the Heritage Corridor Convention and Visitors Bureau, the , Downtown Joliet and Enjoy Illinois.
Houses will be open for tour from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and are accessible with the purchase of a ticket for $16 in advance of the event, $17.50 if purchased online through PayPal before the event or $20 on the day of the walk at any of the featured homes.
Baer, who has produced and hosted several programs for WTTW on the history and architecture of Chicago and its suburbs, will participate in the house walk and then speak at 4 p.m. at the Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St. That will be followed by a meet-and-greet for those in attendance.
There is no charge to attend the presentation.
The seven houses and one building featured on this year's walk are:
- 354 N. Raynor Ave., owned by Bryan and Jill Berry
- 660 Glenwood Ave., owned by Randy & Katie Chilton
- 956 Western Ave., owned by Peter and Wendy Hackett
- 413 Whitney Ave., owned by Michael and Kimberly Denson
- 500 Western Ave. owned by Robert Dykes
- 603 Buell Ave., owned by Paul and Angela Cabay
- 819 Buell Ave., owned by Andy and Kathy Mihelich
- 417 Taylor St., owned by Big Brothers/Big Sisters
For more information, call 815-722-9052 or 815-726-4163. To purchase tickets in advance with cash or check, call Denise Powers at 815-723-7603.