Joliet's Halloween trick-or-treating hours are 3:30 to 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The city of Joliet has issued these safety tips:
- If you want trick-or-treaters to visit your house, leave porch lights on.
- Parents should accompany all young children while trick or treating.
- Trick-or-treaters should only visit houses and apartments of people they know.
- Children should take their treats home for parents to inspect before eating.
- Children should be reminded to walk, not run, between houses and use sidewalks when available.
- Remind children to practice caution when crossing the street and cross only at intersections when traffic is clear.
- Motorists should be careful and alert during and around these hours.
- Parents need to purchase, or make costumes, that are light and bright enough to be clearly visible to motorists.
For a list and map of addresses where people who are on the Illinois Sex Offender Registry live, click here.