Back to school means back to packing lunch -- Eating fruits and veggies can be fun and tasty! Send your kids back to school with these healthy ideas...*
- Apple slices with all-natural nut butter
- Cucumber and celery with hummus
- Baked sweet potato wedges or slices
- Bell pepper strips with ranch dressing
- Celery with peanut butter and raisins
- Rice cakes with cream cheese (or hummus) and tomato
- Dried fruits and raw nuts
- Fruit salad with Greek yogurt
- Pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- Seasonal fruit or veggie kabobs
- Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
- Whole-grain English muffin or toast topped with fresh tomatoes and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese
- Guacamole with carrots
*Yes, these are excellent choices for your own lunches too!
For more healthy lunchbox ideas, please email me Debbie@NutritionandHealthCounseling.com.