The annual Wish Upon A Star Foundation Easter Parade steps off at 2 p.m. Sunday, but that's just one of many downtown Joliet activities being held that day to celebrate Easter.
Here's the schedule of events:
- The animated children's movie Hop will be shown at noon at the Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St. Admission is free.
- A hot dog lunch will be held inside Rialto from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to benefit the Wish Upon A Star Foundation. The lunch, consisting of a hot dog, chips, cookie and beverage, costs $4. The Easter Bunny will be there to pose for photos.
- A free Easter “Candy Run” with the Joliet Slammers will be held at Silver Cross Field. The event is divided into age categories, with ages 1 to 4 starting at 10:15 a.m., ages 5 to 8 at 10:30 a.m. and ages 9 to 12 at 10:45 a.m. Gates open at 10 a.m.
- The Easter Bunny will be at Gji's Sweet Shoppe from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (photos cost $7, including frame, and can be picked up at 4 p.m.) and there will be cookie decorating from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (cost is $1.50).
- Easter crafts and games will be held at the Joliet Area Historical Museum from noon to 4 p.m. Admission is $3 or free for members and children under 3.
- Easter Bunny Crafts will be offered from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Joliet Public Library.
- Decorate your own Easter Basket Cupcake at the Red Goose Bakery & Café from 1 to 4 p.m. Each session will start on the half hour with a maximum of 50 people per shift. Cost is $3.50.
- Brunch with the Easter Bunny at the Renaissance Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Participants will also make a cookie craft! For more information, call 815-280-1404 or email Susan Stockwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the downtown activities before and after the parade, email Cam.email@example.com.
To participate in the Easter parade, email Stardon123@aol.com.