The Joliet Junior Woman’s Club and and Joliet Juniorettes are collecting new baby items and gift cards in memory of a slain Plainfield-area woman and her unborn daughter.
Diapers, wipes, bottles, pacifiers, onesies, socks, hats, bibs and clothing are being accepted now through Nov. 2 in memory of Alisha N. Bromfield, a 21-year-old expectant mother who was killed Aug. 19.
Bromfield was a 2008 graduate of Joliet Catholic Academy and studied forensic science at Western Illinois University.
The drive, which also honors Bromfield’s unborn daughter, Ava Lucille, will benefit pregnant women throughout the Joliet and Plainfield area.
Items can be dropped off between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- Edward Jones Investments, Paul Kalafut - 1132 W. Jefferson Street, Shorewood
- Kuhar Vision Care – 4970 W. Theodore Street, Plainfield
- Easter Seals – 212 Barney Drive, Joliet
- Will-Grundy Medical Clinic – 213 E. Cass Street, Joliet
- Edward Jones Investments, Dave Dykstra – 60 Orland Square Drive, Suite 301, Orland Park
- Funeral Scheduled for Alisha Bromfield
- Man Charged in Door County Slaying of Pregnant Woman
- Report: Plainfield Man Held in Girlfriend's Death in Wisconsin