Invite a friend
USF Symphony Orchestra to Present Winter Concert
The Joliet Symphony Orchestra (JSO) at University of St. Francis (USF) will present its eighth annual winter concert on Sunday, Dec. 9 at 3 p.m. in the university’s Sexton Auditorium, 500 Wilcox St., Joliet, Ill. The program will include Tchaikovsky’s Suite from The Nutcracker, Chaminade’s Concertino for flute and orchestra (soloist - Jennifer Gosack, flute), Bach’s “Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring,” Offenbach’s “Barcarolle” from The Tales of Hoffman and Handel’s "The Trumpet Shall Sound" from Messiah (soloists - Jeffrey Ray, baritone, and Robert Kase, trumpet).
The orchestra includes members of the local community, along with USF students, employees and alumni. Players, by section, are as follows: Violin I: Michael Roszyk (concertmaster), Marcia Marzec, Ashley Miller, Marissa Plascencia, Derek Robinson, Juan Torres, Julie Verchimak and Carrie Wolseley. Violin II: Janice Jack (principal), Michael Bautista, Maria Cisneros, Jennifer Johnson, Virginia Johnson, Casey McGrath, Christian Pendleton, Diana Robles and Cody Wallace. Viola: Beth Darin (principal), Marjorie Bull, Emily Juarez, Dyamond Parker and Charles Teeter. Cello: Melissa Schoonover, Laura Johnson, Andrew Matichak and Ashley York. Bass: Clifford Hunt (principal), Pam Breuning and Kathy Misurac. Flute: Jennifer Gosack (co-principal), Michelle Mathena (co-principal), Rachel Esparza, Caitlin Lewis and Mary Trovato. Oboe: Anna Cooley (principal). Clarinet: Alaina Cap, Jen Marentic and Jenny Rosario. Bass Clarinet: Jenny Rosario. Bassoon: Kristena Johnson-Wise and Elyse Lorenz. Horn: Rachel Brenc, Megan Gonzalez, Marty Kaspar and Audra Sybert. Trumpet: Dustin Huckstep, Virginia Ireland, Marty Kaspar and Nicholas Michielsen. Trombone: Bill Goetz and Paul O'Connor. Tuba: Robert Stumpf. Harp: Caitlin Thom. Keyboard: Carol lei Breckenridge. Percussion: Nick Enloe (principal), Kim Alexander, Elisa Robinson and Jan Uffelmann.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for seniors (65+), USF alumni, and non-USF students. Parking will be available in the lots at the corner of Wilcox and Douglas streets; enter the building via the Moser Performing Arts Center doors. For ticket information or reservations, please call (800) 735-7500.
More About University of St. Francis
University of St. Francis was founded in 1920 by the Congregation of the Third Order of St. Francis of Mary Immaculate. It began for the education of its own members. In 1925, the name of the school changed to Assisi Junior College. In that year, it also began accepting women outside the congregation. By fall of 1930 the school was renamed College of St. Francis. In 1971, the college became co-educational. In 1998, the school moved to university status and the institution became the University of St. Francis.