All this summer you've nominated and voted for your favorite local businesses in categories ranging from Best Hot Dogs and Best Casino to Best Grocery Store and Best Place to Buy Shoes.
We've tallied all the poll votes and now it's time to announce the winners.
Joliet, Channahon, Minooka and Shorewood voters had two catagories in which one business scored 100 percent of the vote. There were two ties and one was a three-way tie.
See below for our complete list of Readers' Choice winners. The first listed business won the catagory and the second listed business took second place.
- Walt's Ice Cream
- Minooka Creamery, Oberweis Dairy and Frosty Tips (17 percent each)
- Hollywood Casino (66 percent)
- Harrah's Casino (33 percent)
- Family Fun Zone (75 percent)
- YMCA (25 percent)
- Kids Crossroads Preschool (50 percent)
- Kids Connection (20 percent)
- Ultra Foods (40 percent)
- Food 4 Less, Mitchell's Meat Market (30 percent each)
- Chignoli Auto (85 percent)
- Shoe Carnival (67 percent)
- Kohl's (28 percent)
- Karen's Pet Groomer (52 percent)
- The Dog Wash (44 percent)
- Walgreens in Channahon (66 percent)
- Basinger Pharmacy in Joliet, Osco in Minooka and Ranch Pharmacy in Channahon (11 percent each)
- Shear Envy Salon (83 percent)
Best Barber Shop
- Banana Joe's Barber Shop (50 percent)
- Zolpers Auto Restoration, Lockport (66 percent)
- Lawson Auto Rebuilder (33 percent)
- Walt's Automotive, Crest Hill (40 percent)
- Jack's Car Wash & Lube Center, Midas Joliet or Integrity Automotive (Minooka), all tied for first place. (33 percent each)
- D&A Landscape in Joliet (100 percent)
- Kim Noonan, ReMax and Bridgette Laux-Stewart at Zip Realty tied for first place (50 percent each)
- C R Leonard Plumbing & Heating (66 percent)
- Lockwood Furnace (100 percent)