[UPDATE] Dog & Cat Escape Blaze
People also reportedly emerged from the fire without injury.
Joliet Fire responded to a stove fire at a house in the 800 block of Cypress Court at 8:40 p.m., Thursday night.
"It seemed like it was confined to the kitchen," Robert DiLorenzo of the Joliet Fire Department said. "It was a small kitchen fire."
No one was injured in the blaze, and a dog and cat also escaped unharmed.
DiLorenzo said the house was habitable. No estimate for damage was available Thursday night.
A resident, Bob Boyd, used a number of fire extinguishers in a failed attempt to douse the blaze.