City Sets 2013 Sked for Trash Pickup Holidays
There are seven weeks in which Waste Management's collection of garbage and landscape waste will be delayed because of a holiday.
On those seven days, collection will be postponed and will resume the following day, according to a release from the city.
Only the days marked with an asterisk are affected. Residents are encouraged to print and save this schedule for future reference.
For more information, call Peggy Thomas at 815-724-3730.
2013 WASTE MANAGEMENT HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
* Tuesday, Jan. 1/New Year’s Day: One day late, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Monday, Jan. 21/Martin Luther King Day: No change/regular schedule
Monday, Feb. 18/President’s Day: No change/regular schedule
Friday, March 29/Good Friday: No change/regular schedule
* Monday, May 27/Memorial Day: One day late all week
* Thursday, July 4/Independence Day: One day date, Thursday and Friday
* Monday, Sept. 2/Labor Day: One day late all week
Monday, Oct. 14/Columbus Day: No change/regular schedule
Monday, Nov. 11/Veterans Day: No change/regular schedule
* Thursday Nov. 28/Thanksgiving: One day late, Thursday and Friday
* Wednesday, Dec. 25/Christmas: One day late, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
* Wednesday Jan. 1, 2014/New Year’s Day: One day late, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
* Designates holidays that wll affect a regularly scheduled trash pickup day.